Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mission Impossible

I was talking to my friend Gayle last night. She lives in New Orleans with her fiance John and they have just survived Gustav. George and I are flying down there to visit them in 8 days. While I have a long list of things to do while we are there, being a part of a hurricane was not on my list. Hopefully all of them will be long gone by then.
While talking to Gayle I realized I should start packing this weekend as I do not like waiting to the last minute to do things. (I will pack for our February vacay 3 weeks before we leave). I was going over the things I wanted to take with me in my head, what top to wear with what pants and which shoes would go with them when I realized we were only taking a carry on and not checking our luggage!!!! OMG! How was I going to do this? It is almost impossible for me to get 4 days worth of clothes, shoes and accessories in a carry on and still have room for my hair dryer, curling iron, shampoo, and meds. This just isn't going to work. George will just have to take less stuff so I can put some of my things in his carry on. Remember I am the person with over 100 pairs of shoes so how do I only take 2 pairs with me on a trip? That's just not gonna happen. I have to figure on something to wear during the day and then if we go out at night I have to change. Of course I have to plan for any unknown accidents that might happen (and we all know what happens when I wear white) so that means extra clothes. How does a man get by with 2 pair of shorts, one pair of jeans and one shirt per day? See why I want come back as a man in my next life? Maybe I can take an extra big purse and put some stuff in there? Or I could FedEx stuff ahead of time. OK Sheri, take a deep breath and calm down.
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to fit everything you want to take to New Orleans into your carry on. This tape will self destruct in 10 seconds.

No comments: