Friday, October 17, 2008

Things That Go Bump In The Night

This would be my incredibly drunk husband as he stumbles around at 2:00 am after coming home from bowling. I have to say in Georges defense that he doesn't do this often (maybe once or twice a year) but when he does, it is both irritating and comical at the same time.

Irritating because he wakes me up from a really sound sleep which I then find it hard to return to while he passes out once he finally hits the bed.

Comical because he tries sooooo hard to be quiet so as to NOT wake me and the harder he tries the MORE noise he makes.

I didn't hear George actually come into the house last night but he must have had a hard time getting from the back door to our bedroom because that's when I woke up. I give the man Kudos for not wanting to turn on the lights to wake me up but trying to make it across two rooms of furniture in the dark while inebriated is not a smart idea. Not sure what he actually bumped into or if he just was using the furniture to steady himself.

He finally made it to the bedroom and into the master bath where he did decide to turn on the light (before he shut the door) Thank you honey! He didn't get the door shut quite tight so he tried again with a little more force this time resulting in some noise decibels. He gets done in the bathroom and turns out the light (before opening the door this time) and proceeds to walk acroos the bedroom in the dark. How do you all think this went?????

Yup you're right. Not well at all. He ran into the corner of our bed which caused him to utter a few choice words ( I won't print them here) and almost fall into bed and on top of me. By this time I am laughing my ass off (silently of course because he doesn't know I'm awake) and just hoping he makes it into bed without doing any bodily harm to himself or me.

He manages to get into bed, set his alarm for 3 hours later and instantly starts snoring! Now I am wake for the next 30-45 minutes trying to get back to sleep after being dragged from a deep sleep and beautiful dreams just a few short minutes ago. Go Figure?

No comments: