Wednesday, August 20, 2008

School Daze

Pencils, paper, book bag, organizer, highlighters, pens, pay tuition and buy book. YUP, it's that time again! School starts next week and I will be chained to a desk for 4 hours one night a week for 8 weeks. Where the hell did the summer go?
I took the summer off from school to get so much done but I don't feel like I accomplished much at all. I still have all the stuff in my garden yet that needs to be harvested, the deck is started but not finished, I have flowers that still need planted, I haven't made my salsa yet, and we haven't fished nearly enough! Wow it's amazing how fast time goes.
I guess I'm lucky I don't have to do all the prep work for going back to school like I used to when I was a kid. Buying new clothes and all the school supplies and stuff. For me it's just a few pencils and pens, pay the tuition and buy the book. Most of my homework is done on the computer and printed off. Of course I don't care about peer pressure and I'm not trying to impress anyone but my teacher so I don't care. I go to class right from work so whatever I look like at the end of the day is what they get (gotta feel sorry for them some days).
Our group is usually pretty eclectic with a wide range of ages and job skills. It was really funny how the first night we grouped together at tables and formed our little cliques and that's how we've stayed. It wasn't even by age our professions either because our table has everything from business professional to bartender and age range from 50's to 20's. Our table does seem to be the trouble makers though-the jokesters and the talkers. We're always laughing at something. In my defense I will say I have managed to maintain a 4.0 GPA even while having fun. I'm actually having a great time even if I do have to juggle a lot with working full time and trying to get my degree. Do I regret it- Hell no! What I do regret is not doing it right the first time.
But guess you're never too old right?

No comments: