Friday, August 8, 2008

Good Friends and a Glass of Wine....

Or Vodka and Lemonade, Kessler and Coke or even just plain old Bud Light. It doesn't really matter what it is you're drinking, heck you could be drinking water and it wouldn't matter as long as you are with good friends. And that is what I was doing last night. A few of the girls from work and I got together to tip a few and have some laughs at a local establishment after work. We like to call it "Thirsty Thursday" since we go out on a Thursday night and we are usually all a little thirsty when we start out. We try to do this every month if we can manage to find a night that everyone is free.


There are rules to our night out though.
  1. We are not allowed to talk about work
  2. We have to pick a bar outside the city limits so the smokers can smoke
  3. We must all laugh a lot
  4. Everyone must drink alcohol- no soda allowed
  5. No spouses allowed
  6. We talk about sex at some point in the evening- this always seems to come up after we have had a couple of drinks for some reason?

It is a great way to relax, blow off steam and have a great time with friends. Last night the age range was 23 to 55 but it didn't matter, we all had fun. It's amazing how after working with these people all day long you wouldn't think there would be any more to say to them, but we managed to find something to talk about. A few drinks, a little music, some food and good friends. What more can you ask for?

Nobody got rowdy ( although the other Sherry and I did steal chicken wings from the guy across the bar), just kidding we asked before we took them and then we bought him a drink. We did sing a little (no it wasn't Karaoke night) at one point in the evening which should have told us it was time to go home, but at least nobody got up and danced on the bar( which has been known to happen) so I guess we did ok.

Went home with a little buzz on expecting to see my hubby waiting eagerly to ask me how my night was and maybe make out a little. Boy was I sorely disappointed!! He wasn't home at all but instead had taken advantage of my being gone and he went golfing again last night too!!! Me, I fell asleep in the recliner and never did hear him come home.

The girls and I will repeat Thirsty Thursday again next month but I've already told them that from August 21 through October 24, they have to make it any other night but Thursdays. I start school again and my classes are on Thursdays for the first semester so I can't miss classes for drinking. I did that the first time around and that's probably one of the reasons I'm doing college for a second time.

No comments: