Thursday, August 14, 2008

Got My Ears Lowered.


Last night I chopped my hair off! (not me personally-my stylist Lisa did it for me) I have been thinking of doing this for some time now but every time I would show George a picture of the style I wanted he says, "Isn't that a little short, honey?" and I backed down. I have been letting my hair grow for a while now and it was quite long. At least a lot longer than I have had it in a number of years. I normally am a very short haired person. In fact, before I met and married George, I used to wear my hair very short. Every time I went to my stylist I would say, "I would love to just shave it all off, but we'll just trim it today." and then I would walk out of there very unhappy and wishing I had cut it.
Yesterday I went in for my appointment and said "I am tired of this stuff just hanging there. We are going to do something but I have no idea what." I did try to find a picture in this book I had but everything seemed very short to me because I kept thinking about what George would say. Lisa told me to relax, trust her and let her decide what to do. In all fairness to George, I did try to call him before cutting commenced, but he didn't answer the phone, so he didn't get a say in how short we went. When Lisa finished cutting and styling and I looked in the mirror, I could have cried! I absolutely loved it! No wonder I have gone to her for 15 years. This woman knows exactly what I need and does it.
I left a lot lighter in the head and step but knowing I had to go home and show George, I already had the perfect excuse- Lisa's scissors slipped and she had to go this short to correct the problem. I didn't need to worry- first he wasn't even home when I got there and second, he loved it just as much as I did. Men- go figure.

4 comments:

Carrin said...

Where's a pic? I wan to see it!

Sheri and George said...

I'll have Geroge take one and then I'll post it for you.

Adrienne said...

I love it! Men don't know anything about hair.

Anonymous said...

Sheri, I really like your hair! it's super cute on you!

allie