Friday, November 27, 2009

And the Point Is???

On the drive to work today, I was almost run down by idiots trying to get to those all important "BLACK FRIDAY SALES!" They were turning in front of me to get into a parking lot that was already so full it was spilling into the lot beside it or pulling out in front of me from one parking lot trying to get to the next one so they didn't miss out on another DEAL! Are you freaking Crazy people?

Once they get where they are going they have stand in line for God knows how long only to finally make it to the prize and find out they are SOLD OUT! You push and shove your way thru a ton of people all trying to get what you think is a bargain. There are people running over each other with carts, old ladies knocking down people who get in their way and mothers with children who are screaming because they are tired and want to go home. Ask yourself this question. Is it really worth it? Did you really save that much money? Did you get what you were after or did you settle for something else just because you were there and it was all that was left?

I did this once and only once and I will never do it again as long as I live! I have learned that most of this stuff remains at the same sale price they list it at for Black Friday long after this insane early morning madness until close to Christmas. I just sit back and bide my time. I will eventually get it for less than you paid for it today and I don't have to get out of bed at the butt crack of dawn, stand in line for hours, and fight crazy people to do it.

Gotta love Christmas shopping!!

No comments: