Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Over the River and Thru the Fields

To our Daughter's house we go....
The car knows the way
to carry our stuff,
Thru the white and drifted snow OH NO!
Over the river and thru the fields
Oh how the wind does blow!
It stings the toes,
And bites the nose,
as over the highway we go.

Over the river and through the fields
to have a first rate day;
Oh hear the sound,
of joy abound,
Hurrah for Thanksgiving Day-ay!
Over the river and thru the fields,
speed fast my car of gray!
Spring over the ground,
like a hunting hound!
For this is Thanksgiving Day.

A new twist on an old song I used to sing as a child. Since I am going to Nebraska for Thanksgiving this year for the first time I thought it appropriate that I have a song for the road trip.

We leave tomorrow and will be traveling over 500 miles or approximately 8 hours. We are leaving about 8:oo am and should get to our destination about 5:00 pm. ( potty calls and gas stops included) I usually read or watch a movie while my husband does the driving (he is such a wonderful man). We stop only for gas and to grab a quick bite to eat and then we are back on the road. This is one trip where we don't end up arguing but only because George knows where he is going and doesn't need me to give him directions. Thank God for this because it's one trip we actually enjoy taking together.

Hope every one has a Happy Thanksgiving and I'll see you when I get back! For now I better get packing or I won't be on the road to my daughter's house.

2 comments:

Carrin said...

Can't wait to see you!

Debbie said...

I hope you had a great trip. Tell us all about it.